Mike is Professor of Economics at the University of Edinburgh and an associate for the Economic Performance Center at LSE. His research interests broadly cover labour economics, macroeconomics, unemployment and wage determination. His recent work examines the measurement of labour market flows in developed economies.
- How long has this been going on? Long-term unemployment in the UK
- Wage Adjustment in the Great Recession and Other Downturns: Evidence from the United States and Great Britain
- Fixed Adjustment Costs and Aggregate Fluctuations
- Flow Origins of Labor Force Participation Fluctuations
- The Aggregate Effects of Labor Market Frictions
- How Prevalent is Downward Rigidity in Nominal Wages? International Evidence from Payroll Records and Pay Slips